Saturday, September 24, 2011






















I'm horrible at making decisions. I think I put way too much thought into my options. I just wrote a very long entry, which I've just erased because it was my whole thought process of what I should do and it was verrrrrryyyyyy long. I need to make a decision between the following:

1. Continue the veterinary technician program that I'm in right now, even though I can't see myself having a career with animals in the long-term, despite my love for them. However, I could continue to pursue my artistic interests and perhaps succeed as a professional artist. This was kind of my thinking when I decided to enter the vet tech program. It might not be what I truly want to do, but it would be something I at least enjoy enough and allows me time and energy for my art, which then might take over as my main career.

2. Apply to and hopefully be accepted into the Illustration program at Sheridan even though it's four years at a total of about $32,000, and it's not exactly the most stable job. If money and security weren't an issue, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I think I might regret it if I don't at least apply and show my portfolio though. I think I've considered applying every year for the past 6 or so years. Even though it takes more than an education to be an illustrator (lots don't even need that), I think some good connections and experiences would be gained from attending.

3. Return to my old ad agency job and work on my art/illustration on the side. This was also my thinking when I first landed the job, but it didn't quite pan out, since it kind of sucked the life out of me. So, I could try to find another job that doesn't suck the life out of me, or even possibly just take a chunk of time to dedicate solely to art without any other income.

Those are the basics. There's so much more though. Basically, I think I need to get some self-esteem and not be such a people-pleaser (specifically parents). If that happens, I think I'll have a way easier time making decisions. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment